Just thought I'd share my Apocalypse Mix that I've had on repeat for the last few days.
- Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
- It's The End of the World as We Know It by REM
- Sugar, We're Goin Down by Fall Out Boy
- Fire on the Mountain by Rob Thomas
- Hell of a Season by The Black Keys
- Evacuate by The Boxer Rebellion
- Gimme Shelter by The Rolling Stones
- Cannibal by Ke$ha*
- This is The End (For You My Friend) by Anti-Flag
- Hurricane Drunk by Florence + The Machine
- Thnks Fr Th Mmrs by Fall Out Boy
- Room @ The End Of The World by Matt Nathanson
- You, Me & The Boatman by Quiet Company
- Sink to the Bottom by Fountains of Wayne
- Unfinished Business by Mumford & Sons
- I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
- The End by The Autumns
While putting this together, a story formed and in my head this became the soundtrack to my future (and obviously imaginary) zombie movie.
It's a classic tale about a group of friends who are skeptical about the impending, predicted apocalypse. Then some kind of catastrophic event occurs and everyone freaks out. They try to get to safety and find shelter, but as a result of the astroid that hit the Earth, or the nuclear bombs or whatever, a ZOMBIE EPIDEMIC STRIKES. One of the friends in the group gets infected and they have to kill them. There's also a sweet little secondary love story that's apparent in the last five songs of the playlist, but everybody dies anyway.
*Yes, I could have used Zombie by The Cranberries, but that was too easy. And Ke$ha makes me laugh, so deal with it.